Upon employment the Clarksville Police Department (CPD) provides the following training:
- Phase 1 - is a two week in house program to help prepare you for the Police Academy
- Chemical weapons
- Driving under the influence (DUI) enforcement
- Impact weapons
- Policy and procedures
- Other areas
- Phase 2 - is a 12 week Basic Police School conducted at the Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy in Donelson, TN, near Nashville. Completion of these 12 weeks provides you with a certification from the State of Tennessee. If you have a certification from another state you may be eligible to attend a three week transition academy.
- Phase 3 - In house program after completion of the TN Law Enforcement Academy to prepare you for the field training program.
- Phase 4 - is a 14 week period where recruits are assigned to a Field Training Officer. After successful completion of the program, you are then assigned to a shift and begin solo patrols.
For further assistance contact CPD Recruitment at: 931-553-5111.